Thursday, January 10, 2013

Slow Goings

It's so easy to make New Year's resolutions on New Year's Eve, when you've eaten a pound of chocolate and are so tired from trying to make it to midnight that you're practically drunk. It's so hard to keep those resolutions come January 1st.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling with starting back up again. I've basically taken a break from any serious writing since NaNo, and getting back in the habit of typing those words daily is hard. I've also found my productivity has gone down in terms of how many words I can write in an hour. Apparently there is something to be said for consistency. Who knew?

But I've still made some progress. On paper, it doesn't look like much--2,814 words and one rewritten first chapter. But it actually is a lot of progress.

Last week I rewrote the first chapter of Wishing on Baby Dust. It took probably 10 hours or more to do, but I think it was worth it. I feel much more confident about the beginning now, and I'm excited to see what my critique group has to say about it next week. Now that I've got that out of the way, I've been focusing on finishing the first draft of Wishing on Baby Dust. Only 15.5 chapters left until completion! Totally doable. If I try to do a chapter a day, I should still make my goal.

How is everyone else doing with their New Year's resolutions? Are any of you struggling, like me, to keep them?

 Photobucket

No comments: