Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday in Twinland

So I'm swamped. Make that completely buried. The edits on Wishing on Baby Dust are a lot more intensive than I had anticipated, and I'm really going to have to get my butt in gear in order to meet my self-imposed September 1st deadline for submitting.

I wouldn't stress so much, except the full was requested in May. And I told her I thought I could get it to them in 4 months. And mid-September will be 4 months. She told me she didn't care if I took longer, and that she would rather I take the time to make the book as good as it could be. And I am going to do that. I'm not sending this book in before I feel it's as good as I can make it.

But I really want to get this book finished and sent in while our conversation is still semi-fresh in her mind. I really want this book to be submitted. I really want it out there in the world, for people to read and hopefully love.

So Tuesdays in Twinland is taking a week off while I try to finish up this round of edits and get it sent off to the second round of beta readers. My awesome husband is taking tomorrow off work so I can spend the whole day editing. The best part? I didn't even have to ask him. He is a definite keeper.

TWIM MOM TIP: Sometimes you can't do everything and something has to be pushed to the backburner for a few days. And that's okay.

  Photobucket

No comments: