Thursday, December 12, 2013

Book Review: Pedal Forward by Trey Hall

Pedal Forward: The 10 Life and Business Lessons I Have Learned on My BikeBack Cover Blurb
genre: self help
Trey Hall's 10 lessons are rooted in a gruesome 75 MPH bike/car head-on collision along a country road outside of Wichita, Kansas. The injuries resulting from the accident was devastating-bones were shattered, joints ripped apart and blood was spilt on the asphalt pavement. With the heroic efforts of first responders, emergency room doctors, physical therapists and after literally dozens of surgeries, I got back on the bike. The lessons learned from this accident and related bike adventures provide a backdrop for a common sense formula for positive long term life and business performance. The 10 lessons are told in a unique story telling style and provide important reminders about what is critical in making life-both personal and business-a success.

My Review
4 of 5 stars
I don't normally read non-fiction, but this one looked interesting so I gave it a try. Pedal Forward is full of good, practical advice for life. I think what Hall's ten life lessons really boil down to are ways to be a good person and live a happy and fulfilling life.

The book is full of personal anecdotes from Hall's life that add color and meaning to his message. His practical advice and real-life experience with overcoming hardships lends an honesty to the book that I enjoyed.

If you love self-help books, then add this one to your to-read list!
Photobucket

No comments: