Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wonhundred Word Wednesdays


Prompt: Today's horoscope: Your prized possession will end up in someone else's hands.

I held the baby close, memorizing her features. Had she really been in my belly only hours before?

A hand landed on my arm. I looked up into my case worker’s serious eyes.

“It’s time,” she said.

A fist closed around my heart. I stroked the baby’s hair; kissed her on the forehead. “I love you more than anything. Don’t ever forget.”

My heart shattered as I transferred her into the case worker’s arms.

That night I numbly checked my horoscope—a daily ritual. “Your prized possession will end up in someone else’s hands.”

I covered my face and sobbed.

See how the other writers interpreted it!
Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, the distracted writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

Photobucket

7 comments:

Wendy Jo said...

Oh now I'm sobbing!

The Hot Girl in the Comic Shop said...

Ahh! so sad!! :'(

Jaclynweist said...

Oh man. How heart wrenching!

AM Woods: alisonmillerwoods.com said...

Okay Lindzee- this one made me cry! So much feeling in such a short piece.

Jessica Winn said...

Oh, that was devastating! Beautifully done, but very sad.

Laura D. Bastian said...

ditto to all the comments above. Very powerful and full of emotion. Loved it

Kelly Martin said...

So sad :(