Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wonhundred Word Wednesdays


Prompt: Would you like fries with that?

“Don’t pour salt on the table!” I grabbed the shaker out of my two-year-old’s hand.

The waitress popped her gum, waiting for me to give my order.

“Um, mac and cheese for the kids, and—Don’t lick the table!”

My three-year-old sank into his seat with a pout.

“And I’ll have a cheeseburger…”

“My crayon!” one of the twin’s yelled. He bolted across the table. Water glasses spilled all over the paper menus the kids were coloring on. My three-year-old cried as the twins wrestled for the crayon.

The waitress popped her gum again. “Would you like fries with that?”

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, the distracted writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

Photobucket

7 comments:

Wendy Jo said...

Hahahah! Love it

Laura D. Bastian said...

A waitress that doesn't even blink an eye. She's seen it all.

AM Woods: alisonmillerwoods.com said...

Oh my goodness! that was a perfect view of life. (I have said the 'don't lick the table' line too) Awesome!

Jaclynweist said...

I think we've all been there. Maybe not with twins, but the distracted mommy. Great job!

Miranda D Nelson said...

A perfect glimpse into the life of a mom with small kids :) Great work!

Jessica Winn said...

Oh, yikes! Poor mom. Loved the waitress, she's so stoic.

Kelly Martin said...

Story of my life lol